The Arkansas Coalition for Peace and Justice.
I have never had an interest in any particular lobbying groups in the state or around the country and I would suspect that many of my classmates feel the same way. For many of us, the upcoming election will be the first election we are voting in and this will be the first time ever that those who are voting for the first time will have a say in the national government.
I cannot be the only one who has felt silenced my entire life. Having an opinion on the way that the country, state, or local government is run should not only be entitled to those who have say, because sometimes those who have a say in the matter decide not to vote either, which is okay. For many people, this is the time to begin learning about the way of politics, local government, and all of the things you've been told to stand idlily about.
Website
The
home page of the website serves as a welcome page and a brief rundown of what the Arkansas Coalition for Peace and Justice is about. In their own words:
"The Arkansas Coalition for Peace and Justice (ACPJ) is an association of individuals and organizations who seek to promote peaceful and just relationships between individuals, communities, organizations, governing bodies and the environment; through education, dialogue and action. The coalition is committed to a culture of peace, and building a country where domestic policies are sound and just, and where the world at large is treated with respect and dignity."
The Coalition focuses on three areas: peace and nonviolence, social justice, and ecology.
On the activities page you can find a list of events that the ACPJ has sponsored throughout the years. Similarly on the calendar page, you can find a list of upcoming events, as well as a contact email. The ACPJ encourages any like-minded organizations or persons to add events to their calendar, which you can do at the bottom of the calendar page.
Most of the rest of the list is made up of information about the board, such as their 'partners in peace' or information on joining the mailing list. On the final tab of the website you can find a list of the bylaws for the ACJP which includes the mission statement and membership rules. The 'peacemaker of the year' Social Media
I could not find a Twitter page for the ACPJ but I did find their Facebook group page. The page has over 800 followers and about 800 total likes. The page has been active since February 2013, about thirteen years after the organization was founded in 2000. The page has a link to the ACPJ website, as well as a phone number and email to contact the organization.
The posts on the page are very sporadic, appearing in bulk ever few weeks. The page doesn't receive very much interaction either with low numbers of likes and responses. This past week was the annual 'Peace Week Summit' and the posts relating to the summit also had very little interaction.
Though the organization has no Twitter account, members link to the Facebook page or website while tweeting. There aren't very many tweets about the organization, but there seems to be a surge in mentions when annual events take place.
I could not find any other mentions of ACPJ online except by websites who list out organizations like ACPJ. They have very minimal social media presence.
One final thing I would like to mention is the ACPJ does have a mailing list on their website, which you can join by clicking here. The form does not ask for a phone number so I assume they do not have a text message or call list.
That is all of the information I have regarding the Arkansas Coalition for Peace and Justice. They appear to be a well-guided organization when it concerns inter-organizational operations, but their social media presence definitely needs work. I had not heard of this organization until I began writing this paper but they seem like a worthwhile nonprofit to join.
Comments
Post a Comment